- Suggested supplemental reading material
- Groups and agencies offering resources
- Frequently asked questions
- Biotic index calculator
- Determining the latitude and longitude of your site
- Find your watershed
- Identification Guide to Freshwater Macroinvertebrates (dichotomous key)
- Leaf Pack Network manual and individual data sheets (English and Spanish)
- Rock Pack manual and supplemental resources
- Fotos de macro-invertebrados para identificacíon
- Formulario de clasificacíon
- Recursos de formacíon del Proyecto de Peru
Stream Sampling License and Permit Information
Pennsylvania law requires anyone 16 years of age or older collecting aquatic organisms for any reason to have a valid fishing license and follow current Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission regulations. High school and undergraduate college students are exempt from the license requirement if their teacher/educator applies for and is issued an Educational Aquatic Field Study Permit. For more information, visit the Pennsylvania Fish & Boat commission website.
Individuals outside Pennsylvania should consult with the appropriate state agency for permit requirements.